As our northern California region continues to grow, so does the demand for engineering services. In this role, you’ll have input on large projects that bring attention to the region, opportunities for career growth, and direct influence on the company’s reputation.
Our controls engineering department provides consulting, design, programming, and maintenance related to municipal water treatment, well management, and waste-water disposal.
Specific projects will involve integrating programmable logic controls, SCADA systems, bench/field testing equipment, and preparing drawings/calculations/specifications for construction. These systems must be safe, conform to numerous regulations, and be economical.
The controls Engineer position is located in our brand new Redding, California headquarters and requires occasional travel to client worksites. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, computer/controls engineering, or computer science. Prior experience and an EIT Certificate (Engineer-In-Training) are a plus.
If joining a creative engineering team, programming networks, and building relationships in the community sounds like a gratifying workday, then this position could be a great fit.
- Site visits and inspections
- Control system design, P&IDs, telemetry system design, and control panel elevations
- Programming of PLCs, RTUs, and VFDs
- Configuration of licensed and unlicensed frequency radios
- SCADA screen development and configuration
- Bench-testing of all aforementioned programming and code-related items
- Field troubleshooting of new and existing systems
- Prepare drawings, calculations, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Project team coordination
- Aid in preparing proposals, schedules, and fees
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensuring client satisfaction
- Assist in building on our strong regional presence for engineering services
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer/Controls Engineering, or Computer Science
0-5 years of experience
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) preferred but not required
- Prior experience a plus but not required
- Team player
Who will you work with?
THE INTERESTING PROBLEMS YOU’LL BE SOLVING?
Our controls engineering department oversees project design and implementation in the following areas:
Water Treatment Plants
Waste-Water Treatment Plants
WHY JOIN PACE?
There are many reasons to join our team:
- A family-oriented culture - New employees come for the job but stay for the team. We have a welcoming culture at PACE that will make you feel right at home.
- Our focus on your success - Corporate mentorship and career guidance are available to all employees. We want to help you achieve your career ambitions.
- Enhance the community and world around you - Through large and small community projects, you’ll see the direct connection between your work and the impact on the community.
- Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and excellence - These pillars have been part of PACE from the beginning. We do things right the first time even when other firms might not.
- Work-life balance - While the team at PACE does feel like a family, we want you to spend time with your real family. A healthy work-life balance is good for you and the business.
- Brand New Office Space - Our new, 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art office space was built for company growth. Now is the perfect time to hop onboard.
Interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plans
- Wide Variety of Project Types
- Vacation, Sick, and Parental Leave
- Support for Industry Involvement and Training
- Mentorship and Career Path Guidance
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- New State of the Art Building
- Private Office with Outdoor View
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Bonus
- Positive, Collaborative Environment
- Health, Vision, Disability, and Life