Electrical Entry Level Staff-Engineer
Electrical Entry Level Staff-Engineer
Grow your career with PACE! We’re seeking a full-time Electrical Entry Level Staff-Engineer to join our award-winning company in Redding, California. This is a position in the electrical engineering department responsible for supporting department projects from start to finish.
As our northern California region continues to grow, so does the demand for engineering services. In this role, you’ll have input on large projects that bring attention to the region, opportunities for career growth, and direct influence on the company’s reputation.
Our electrical engineering department provides the consultation, testing, and power design related to residential and commercial construction, municipal facilities management, and alternative power planning projects.
Specific tasks will involve fire alarm design, medium and low voltage power distribution, Arc Flash studies, lighting system modeling, standby generator integration, and grid-tie/off-grid power planning. These systems must be safe, conform to numerous regulations, and be economical.
The Electrical Entry Level Staff-Engineer position is located in our brand new Redding, California headquarters and requires occasional travel to client worksites. The ideal candidate has 0-3 years of experience in the design of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and low-voltage systems.
If joining a creative engineering team, designing electrical power systems, and building relationships in the community sounds like a gratifying workday, then this position could be a great fit.
- Site visits and inspections
- Medium-voltage power, low-voltage power, lighting, technology, and fire alarm designs for all facilities mentioned above
- Alternative power system design including photovoltaic systems, backup generators, grid-tie battery systems, and combination off-grid systems
- Prepare drawings, calculations, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Assist in building on our strong regional presence for engineering services
- Arc-flash and short-circuit coordination studies
- Interior and exterior photometric modeling
- Project team coordination
- Aid in preparing proposals, schedules, and fees
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensuring client satisfaction
- 0-3 years experience in design of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and low-voltage systems
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Highly Preferred – Revit Experience, Communication skills and client interaction
- Team player
Who will you work with?
This is a client-facing role. Our electrical engineers are responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships with architects, city and county agencies, water and wastewater districts, private homeowners, land trusts, non-profits, educational institutions, churches, hospitals, public utility operators, and more. Most of the workday is spent designing the technical specifications and modeling documents for active projects. You will work closely with department team members and occasionally alongside team members from our other disciplines.
THE INTERESTING PROBLEMS YOU’LL BE SOLVING?
Our electrical engineering department oversees project design and implementation in the following areas:
Water Treatment Plants
Waste-Water Treatment Plants
PACE uses a broad range of industry programs to design and deliver projects: Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, ETAP, AGI32, and HOBOWare.
WHY JOIN PACE?
There are many reasons to join our team:
- A family-oriented culture - New employees come for the job but stay for the team. We have a welcoming culture at PACE that will make you feel right at home.
- Our focus on your success - Corporate mentorship and career guidance are available to all employees. We want to help you achieve your career ambitions.
- Enhance the community and world around you - Through large and small community projects, you’ll see the direct connection between your work and the impact on the community.
- Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and excellence - These pillars have been part of PACE from the beginning. We do things right the first time even when other firms might not.
- Work-life balance - While the team at PACE does feel like a family, we want you to spend time with your real family. A healthy work-life balance is good for you and the business.
- Brand New Office Space - Our new, 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art office space was built for company growth. Now is the perfect time to hop onboard.
Interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plans
- Wide Variety of Project Types
- Vacation, Sick, and Parental Leave
- Support for Industry Involvement and Training
- Mentorship and Career Path Guidance
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- New State of the Art Building
- Private Office with Outdoor View
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Bonus
- Positive, Collaborative Environment
- Health, Vision, Disability, and Life