Grow your career with PACE! We’re seeking a full-time mechanical technician to join our award-winning company in Redding, California. This position is in the mechanical engineering and plumbing department.
As our northern California region continues to grow, so does the demand for engineering services. In this role, you’ll have input on large projects that bring attention to the region, opportunities for career growth, and direct influence on the company’s reputation.
Our mechanical engineering and plumbing department provides design, construction, and consulting services related to commercial HVAC and plumbing systems.
Specific projects will involve space conditioning, fresh air, clean water, sanitary sewage, propane, natural gas, and HVAC replacement. These systems must be safe, conform to numerous regulations, and be economical.
This position is located in our brand new Redding, California headquarters and requires occasional travel to client worksites.
If working with an engineering team, evaluating project specs, and building relationships in the community sounds like a gratifying workday, then this position could be a great fit.
- Analysis and evaluation of mechanical systems
- Prepare drawings, calculations, specifications, quantity take-offs, and construction cost estimates
- Site visits and inspections
- Computer calculations for system sizing and energy modeling
- Manage projects and team players
- Oversee activity of Junior Engineers
- Prepare proposals, schedules, and fees
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensure client satisfaction
- Prior experience is not required but is highly preferred. The position requires the use of computer-aided drafting software to edit and create mechanical and plumbing drawings.
- Highley Preferred – Familiarity with Autodesk products such as AutoCAD and/or Revit
Who will you work with?
This is a client-facing role. Our Associate Mechanical Engineers are responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships with architects, city and county agencies, water and wastewater districts, private homeowners, land trusts, non-profits, educational institutions, churches, hospitals, public utility operators, and more. Most of the workday is spent managing the technical and financial aspects of active projects. You will work closely with department team members and occasionally alongside team members from our other disciplines.
THE INTERESTING PROBLEMS YOU’LL BE SOLVING?
Our water and wastewater engineering department oversees project design and implementation in the following areas:
- Treatment Plants
Central Utility Plants
PACE uses a broad range of industry programs to design and deliver projects: Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, Trace 700, Energy Pro, and CBEC Com Energy Plus.
WHY JOIN PACE?
There are many reasons to join our team:
- A family-oriented culture - New employees come for the job but stay for the team. We have a welcoming culture at PACE that will make you feel right at home.
- Our focus on your success - Corporate mentorship and career guidance are available to all employees. We want to help you achieve your career ambitions.
- Enhance the community and world around you - Through large and small community projects, you’ll see the direct connection between your work and the impact on the community.
- Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and excellence - These pillars have been part of PACE from the beginning. We do things right the first time even when other firms might not.
- Work-life balance - While the team at PACE does feel like a family, we want you to spend time with your real family. A healthy work-life balance is good for you and the business.
- Brand New Office Space - Our new, 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art office space was built for company growth. Now is the perfect time to hop onboard.
Interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plans
- Wide Variety of Project Types
- Vacation, Sick, and Parental Leave
- Support for Industry Involvement and Training
- Mentorship and Career Path Guidance
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- New State of the Art Building
- Private Office with Outdoor View
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Bonus
- Positive, Collaborative Environment
- Health, Vision, Disability, and Life