Grow your career with PACE! We’re seeking a full-time staff engineer to join our award-winning company in Redding, California. This is an entry-level position in the structural engineering department responsible for supporting department projects from start to finish.
As our northern California region continues to grow, so does the demand for engineering services. In this role, you’ll have input on large projects that bring attention to the region, opportunities for career growth, and direct influence on the company’s reputation.
Our structural engineering department provides analysis, design, and testing services related to land development, municipal and commercial construction, and structural evaluation.
Specific projects will involve field testing and material sampling, bridge/dam/road planning, structural inspections at different worksites, industrial and commercial construction surveys, and structure evaluations. These systems must be safe, conform to numerous regulations, and be economical.
The Structural Engineer position is located in our brand new Redding, California headquarters and requires occasional travel to client worksites. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science degree in civil engineering (structural emphasis) or architectural engineering. Prior experience is a plus.
If joining a creative engineering team, working with interesting construction materials, and building relationships in the community sounds like a gratifying workday, then this position could be a great fit.
- Site Visits
- Project funding applications
- Feasibility studies and engineering reports
- Design and drafting using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit
- Asset management using ArcGIS
- Project coordination
- Aid in preparing proposals, schedules, and fees
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensuring client satisfaction
- Assist in building on our strong regional presence for engineering services
- BS or MS degree in Civil (structural emphasis) or Architectural Engineering
- 0-5 years of experience
- Willingness to work both in and out of the office (limited travel)
- Prior experience a plus but not required
- Team player
Who will you work with?
This is a client-facing role. Our structural engineers are responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships with architects, city and county agencies, water and wastewater districts, private homeowners, land trusts, non-profits, educational institutions, churches, hospitals, public utility operators, and more. Most of the workday is spent developing the technical specifications and design documents for active projects. You will work closely with department team members and occasionally alongside team members from our other disciplines.
THE INTERESTING PROBLEMS YOU’LL BE SOLVING?
Our structural engineering department oversees project design and implementation in the following areas:
Hydro-Electric Facilities and Infrastructure
PACE uses a broad range of industry programs to design and deliver projects: Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ETABS, and RISA 3D.
WHY JOIN PACE?
There are many reasons to join our team:
- A family-oriented culture - New employees come for the job but stay for the team. We have a welcoming culture at PACE that will make you feel right at home.
- Our focus on your success - Corporate mentorship and career guidance are available to all employees. We want to help you achieve your career ambitions.
- Enhance the community and world around you - Through large and small community projects, you’ll see the direct connection between your work and the impact on the community.
- Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and excellence - These pillars have been part of PACE from the beginning. We do things right the first time even when other firms might not.
- Work-life balance - While the team at PACE does feel like a family, we want you to spend time with your real family. A healthy work-life balance is good for you and the business.
- Brand New Office Space - Our new, 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art office space was built for company growth. Now is the perfect time to hop onboard.
Interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plans
- Wide Variety of Project Types
- Vacation, Sick, and Parental Leave
- Support for Industry Involvement and Training
- Mentorship and Career Path Guidance
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- New State of the Art Building
- Private Office with Outdoor View
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Bonus
- Positive, Collaborative Environment
- Health, Vision, Disability, and Life