Water & WasteWater Engineer
Water & Wastewater Engineer
Grow your career with PACE! We’re seeking a full-time staff engineer to join our award-winning company in Redding, California. This is an entry-level position in the water and wastewater engineering department responsible for supporting department projects from start to finish.
As our northern California region continues to grow, so does the demand for engineering services. In this role, you’ll have input on large projects that bring attention to the region, opportunities for career growth, and direct influence on the company’s reputation.
Our water and wastewater engineering department provides analysis, planning, design, and construction management related to municipal water and wastewater facilities, water pump stations, tanks, distributions pipelines, lift stations, and collection pipelines.
Specific projects will involve field inspection, water testing, feasibility studies, stabilization ponds, master plans, and government compliance. These systems must be safe, conform to numerous regulations, and be economical.
The Water and Wastewater Engineer position is located in our brand new Redding, California headquarters and requires occasional travel to client worksites. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science degree in civil engineering (water/wastewater or water resource emphasis). Prior experience is a plus. You must have an EIT Certificate (Engineer-In-Training) or the ability to obtain one within one year to be considered.
If joining a creative engineering team helping fund improvement projects in disadvantaged communities, providing clean water, safe wastewater facilities, and building relationships in the community sounds like a gratifying workday, then this position could be a great fit.
- Site Visits
- Project funding applications
- Feasibility studies and engineering reports
- Design and drafting using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit
- Asset management using ArcGIS
- Construction inspections and testing
- Assistance with construction administration
- Assistance on master water and sewer plans
- Preparation of bid documents (technical specification)
- BS or MS degree in Civil (water/wastewater or water resources emphasis)
- 0-5 years of experience
- EIT or ability to obtain within one year
- Willingness to work both in and out of the office (limited travel)
- Prior experience a plus but not required
- Team player
Who will you work with?
This is a client-facing role. Our water and wastewater engineers are responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships with city and county agencies, water and wastewater districts, public utility operators, and more. Most of the workday is spent developing the technical specifications and engineering reports for active projects. You will work closely with department team members and occasionally alongside team members from our other disciplines.
THE INTERESTING PROBLEMS YOU’LL BE SOLVING?
Our water and wastewater engineering department oversees project design and implementation in the following areas:
- Hydraulic Modelling
- Feasibility Studies
- Master Plans
- Project Funding Acquisition
Design & Construction Admin
- Treatment Facilities
- Pumping Facilities
- Water Supply
- Storage Facilities
- Effluent Disposal
- Pilot Studies
- Wet-Weather Sewer Monitoring
- Pipeline Evaluation
- Utility Rate Studies
- Regulatory Compliance
PACE uses a broad range of industry programs to design and deliver projects: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InfoWater, and InfoSewer.
WHY JOIN PACE?
There are many reasons to join our team:
- A family-oriented culture - New employees come for the job but stay for the team. We have a welcoming culture at PACE that will make you feel right at home.
- Our focus on your success - Corporate mentorship and career guidance are available to all employees. We want to help you achieve your career ambitions.
- Enhance the community and world around you - Through large and small community projects, you’ll see the direct connection between your work and the impact on the community.
- Commitment to integrity, teamwork, and excellence - These pillars have been part of PACE from the beginning. We do things right the first time even when other firms might not.
- Work-life balance - While the team at PACE does feel like a family, we want you to spend time with your real family. A healthy work-life balance is good for you and the business.
- Brand New Office Space - Our new, 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art office space was built for company growth. Now is the perfect time to hop onboard.
Interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plans
- Wide Variety of Project Types
- Vacation, Sick, and Parental Leave
- Support for Industry Involvement and Training
- Mentorship and Career Path Guidance
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- New State of the Art Building
- Private Office with Outdoor View
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Bonus
- Positive, Collaborative Environment
- Health, Vision, Disability, and Life